Matrix-Matched (Custom) CRMs
The core competency of Ore Research & Exploration is the preparation and certification of Custom CRMs from source materials supplied by clients.
Custom CRMs are also commonly referred to as matrix-matched CRMs, mine-matched CRMs or site-specific CRMs. They are used for:
- QA/QC for advanced projects, in particular at the resource definition stage
- QA/QC for grade and metallurgical control at established mining operations
- QA/QC for mine-site and regional exploration programs
- In-house QA/QC at commercial analytical laboratories
Custom CRMs can be prepared from pulp residues, coarse rejects, drill samples (cuttings and core) and surface or underground rock samples in batch sizes from 50 to 5000kg. The grades of CRMs can be tailored to suit by combining high grade and barren/low grade material in appropriate proportions and can include pigeon pairs if required (see Glossary).
For larger batches (>200kg), Custom CRMs can be less expensive on a per unit cost basis than their off-the-shelf equivalents owing to economies of scale and the reduction in fixed costs as a proportion of total costs. In certain instances, where budgets are limited, Custom CRMs may be developed jointly between ORE and clients. This has proven a mutually beneficial arrangement on numerous occasions for junior, mid-tier and major mining companies alike.
As a major preparer of Custom CRMs Ore Research & Exploration has extensive experience in the preparation and certification of a diverse range of Custom CRMs, including Gold ,gold-silver, gold-copper-(molybdenum), copper, copper-gold-uranium, copper-molybdenum, iron, nickel laterite, nickel sulphide, zinc oxide, Zn-Pb-Ag sulphide and oxide, polymetallic (Au-Cu-Zn-Pb-Ag), platinum group elements, tungsten, uranium, Rare Earth Elements (REE), manganese, phosphate, concentrates, tails and related metallurgical materials, tin, molybdenum, chromium, phosphorous, niobium-tantalum, multi-element lithogeochem, concentrates, tails and related metallurgical materials.
ORE offers a complete solution to all your CRM requirements.
Our extensive facilities include:
- Drying, crushing, batch and continuous milling equipment to suit most applications – including non-ferrous milling.
- Blending to homogenise batch sizes from 10kg to 5000kg.
- Fully-automated packaging lines providing single-use packaging into labelled or unlabelled laminated foil pouches in unit sizes from 5g to 250g.
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) incorporating nitrogen gas flushing for reactive (e.g. sulphide-bearing) materials using our onsite nitrogen generation plant.
- Vacuum packaging in unit sizes from 0.5 to 10kg.
- Certification of Custom CRMs to ISO requirements using our network of world-class laboratories.
- Certificates of Analysis that include Certified Values, Control Limits, 95% Confidence Intervals and 95% Tolerance Intervals.